Easy crochet Easter basket
Easter is almost upon us and that means that for the past few weeks I have been working hard to make little Easter baskets for my class. I had a lot to make – 35. Thank goodness that they only take 15-20 minutes to make!
Free Easter basket crochet pattern.
I would like to share the pattern for these sweet Easter baskets with you and hope that you enjoy making and giving them. When they were finished, I filled them with little chocolate eggs and chicks for my class.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I USE U.S. TERMINOLOGY.
List of equipment:
You will need:
- 1 ball of DK wool
- A 3.5mm (D) hook
- A needle for weaving in and attaching the handle
Instructions for Easter basket.
- Start with a magic ring.
- Make 12 double crochet into the magic ring. Join with a slip stitch to the first stitch. (12)
- Chain 2. Now make a double crochet into the same stitch as the chain 2. Continue round making 2 double crochet in each double crochet from the previous round. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain 2.(24)
- For rounds 3-5 Chain 2 and make 1 double crochet in each stitch from the previous round. Join with a slip stitch at the top of the chain 2 from the start of the round.(24)
- At the end of round 5, after the slip stitch to join the round, chain 25. Take care not to twist the chain. Skip the first stitch in the chain and make a half double crochet in each of the remaining chains. When you get back to the start of the chain, make a slipstitch to join in the double crochet at the end of round 5. This makes the handle of the basket.
- Fasten off and weave in the tail from making the handle.
- Turn the basket inside out and thread the tail from the start of the basket on your needle.
- Weave up to the top of the basket and sew the handle to this side of the basket.
- Fill your basket with sweet Easter treats.
Image gallery for Easter basket pattern.
Why you should make these baskets.
I made 35 Easter baskets and my children really loved them. They especially enjoyed the chocolate! I hope that you enjoy this pattern. You can make these really quickly, they don’t take much yarn, so if you are having children to visit, then these would be a great Easter treat.
Happy Easter – I would love to see your finished baskets on my social media channels. If you wanted a bigger basket, you could use a No 5 hook and chunky wool and just follow the same pattern.
The Made It Mum. xx