Uni-corn? Uni-what – I hear you ask. It’s just that – unicorn popcorn. This is a great way of using up the ingredients that we bought when making Unicorn Bark from my previous unicorn post. Also, it tastes fantastic. I took some to work recently and everyone loved it.
Click the link below if you missed out on the recipe. Xx
Is it hard to make Uni-corn?
This Uni-corn recipe is super easy. All you have to do is melt chocolate, and the rest, as they say, is child’s play. My children love this recipe and I am sure that your children will love it too. Adult supervision is needed for melting the chocolate.
Uni-corn is a great fun activity for a Unicorn-themed party. Put melted chocolate into cool bowls. Place all of the decorations on a table so that your party guests can make their own Uni-corn. They can eat it at the party or take it home in a party bag.
What do you need to make the Uni-corn.
- Sweet popcorn
- Candy melts or white chocolate
- Edible glitter
- Sprinkles of all varieties
- Greaseproof paper
- Deep dish or tin
How to make Uni-corn…
Watch the video below or follow the written instructions 🙂
- Line your dish or tin with greaseproof paper.
- Next, spread a single layer of sweet popcorn onto the bottom of the dish or tin.
- Now spray the popcorn with the edible glitter or lustre. We used both. This is the reason that you need a deep dish. The first time that we made this we used a baking sheet and the power of the spray made the popcorn fly across the table! While this was amusing, it was also a bit annoying.
- Allow the popcorn to dry for five minutes.
- Turn the popcorn and spray with edible glitter again. Allow the popcorn to dry… again.
- Using a spoon, drizzle melted chocolate, in whatever colour you have, over the popcorn in the tray.
- While the chocolate is still wet, decorate your popcorn with sprinkles. Use whatever you like. Now you have Uni-corn! Yahoo!
- Allow the chocolate to set in the refrigerator for half an hour, if you can wait that long.
If you can’t wait it will still be delicious as soon as you finish decorating it – it will just be messier!
Uni-corn as a party favour.
If you are making Uni-corn to go in party bags, we bought some triangular bags that we thought looked like unicorn horns when they were filled with corn. They were so cute and would be a big hit at any Unicorn party. We also made and printed off stickers to go on our bags.
What kind of unicorns do we like?
- We love unicorns in our family. Have a look at Kate’s Pink Fluffy Unicorn Video! It’s a couple of years old – it really made me smile watching it Xx
Finally, if you make Uni-corn please let us see your results. What else could you add? Did you make it for a party? Most of all, we hope that you had fun.
The Made It Mum xx