Fluffy Unicorn Slime.
Fluffy Unicorn Slime is great fun for kids. They love stretching, squashing and poking it. It has an amazing texture and gives hours of fun.
Kate, John and I have been experimenting with fluffy unicorn slime recipes for some time. All my children love slime. Kate loves unicorns – and let’s face it – so do I! So it has to be unicorn slime!
We have had varying degrees of success with our slime experiments. We wanted to make some to take to a craft fair a while ago, but it was so wet when we had made it that we counted it as a dismal failure. When we left it in a pot in the kitchen and came back to it there was even MORE liquid. Hmmm! Maybe it was unicorn wee! 🙂
Fluffy unicorn slime.
Today we have had a go at making fluffy slime with shaving foam instead – AND IT WORKED – Yahoo! So what is fluffy slime?
It’s like normal slime, but with shaving foam added to the recipe. The foam changes the texture of your finished slime. You can choose how much foam you add depending on how fluffy you want your slime to be.
As we are unicorn-lovers we decided to make it in unicorn colours. We love how bright and colourful it looks. You could make it in any colour that you like and if you wanted to make sparkly slime you could even add glitter! Sparkle! If you mix up the colours when you are playing with the slime, they will mix and make a purple/grey colour.
How long does the slime last?
When you have made your slime, store it in an air tight container. The fluffiness will be less after the first day and it will be more ‘slimy’. If you keep it an air tight container, it should last for up to a week.
Fluffy Unicorn Slime equipment and ingredients.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup PVA glue
- 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 cups shaving foam
- 1 tsp of contact lens solution for each colour – it is essential that your contact lens solution contains boric acid as this is what reacts with the glue to form your slime.
- 10-15 drops of liquid or gel food colouring
Here’s what you have to do… 🙂
Watch the video or read on…
1. Put the glue into a bowl.
2. Mix in your bicarbonate of soda and water and give it a good stir to mix.
3. Add your shaving foam and mix again.
4. If you want to make unicorn slime in different colours, divide the mixture into three bowls. Or go unicorn crazy and make three full amounts of slime! If you make a whole bowl of one colour you will need 15ml (1 tbsp) of contact lens solution.
5. Now add your chosen colour to each bowl – you can choose the level of colour you like. Mix it, mix it, mix it…
6. Next you add your contact lens solution. We had split the mixture, so we added 1/2 teaspoon to each, stirred it in and then added the other 1/2 a teaspoon of the solution. Now knead the mixture for five minutes. If you think that the mixture is too sticky you could add more solution. Just be careful as the slime becomes over-activated and can lose stretchiness – v. important.
7. Get ready to play! You can see that Kate and John have been poking these already. We did mix ours together and it is now purple but we’re still playing with it.
Let us know if you have a go, share your pictures with us. What colours did you use?
SAFETY ADVICE- We recommend adult supervision when making slime. Slime-making involves chemicals and adults should handle all chemicals. Slime making is a science experiment and is not suitable for very small children. Use products carefully. DO NOT eat slime. If contact lens solution is swallowed, seek medical advice immediately. If you experience any skin irritation – stop using slime. Ensure that you wash your hands before and after playing with slime.
After playing with slime..
BE AWARE – having made this fluffy unicorn slime you should take care not to get it in hair or on clothes. It has similar properties to chewing gum in hair (mine – I got over-excited 😂) it does wash out of clothes (John’s)!